Wednesday, March 18, 2009

A Rush of Blood to My Head

The release of Coldplay's 2002 album "A Rush of Blood to the Head" featured the unbelievable track "The Scientist," which is the single song that has flourished my love for music and provided me with insight and meaning in my life.  Never have I found myself so captivated by a song as the first time I listened to The Scientist - immediately I was lost in the lyrics, music, and vocal performance all at once.  I can't pinpoint exactly what it was in the song that compelled me to change the way I view the world, but soon after I found myself feeling much more easy going and laid back, just taking things day by day and not letting the little things get to me.  As I listened to the rest of the album, I found myself falling more and more in love with Coldplay's unmatched talent and sound, and of course, Chris Martin's beautiful voice.  To this day (six years after hearing the song for the first time), I still find myself enthralled by The Scientist and feeling a kind of full body relaxation every time I hear it.

No comments:

Post a Comment