Monday, April 20, 2009

Campus Music Invasion

The Campus Music Invasion this year featured a plethora of talented upcoming artists.  Though I truly enjoy all of the music on the album, my favorite artist is Our Satori.  I really love their use of the electronic instruments (keyboard and guitar) to manipulate sounds.  The vocals remind me a lot of the Red Hot Chili Peppers who I absolutely love.  I also love the laid back feeling of the track “Quit Your Day Job,” it makes me want to sit on my couch and veg out all day long (not necessarily a good thing in the middle of finals!!)

My favorite artist from the Ann Arbor area is Alex Brumel, who now performs with Janel Elizabeth.  The combination of the sound of their voices is unmatched; with beautiful lyrics and amazing chemistry, this duet is unforgettable.  I’ve seen Alex perform a few times (both solo and with Janel) and every time I just fall in love with his music even more.

No comments:

Post a Comment